Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My new blog

Hi everyone, welcome to my new blog. As most of you know, I own Sugar Magnolia, a cute little gift shop out in Harpers Ferry, WV. I am in the process of working on my online store, hoping to go live by early October. (ok, so I am a dreamer) In the meantime, I thought that I would start a blog to keep my friends, family and customers up to date on my store and what's going on in Harpers Ferry. This is a busy year for our town, with the commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of John Brown's Raid taking place on the weekend of October 14th-17th. The first weekend of October will find Harpers Ferry filled with marathon runners as the first "Freedom Run Marathon" starts off in Harpers Ferry National Park and goes 26 miles through 4 National Parks. There is also a half, 10k, 5k and Kids Fun Run. Go to www.freedomsrun.org for more details Good luck runners!!
I am going to try to update this blog weekly, so check back to see what's new in the store and what's going on in HF. Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! Maryannas doing a blog.
    Hopefully it's full of comic sarcasm... If you need any just ask. LOL
    8 more days of puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just a shout out that you have a really nice and interesting store. I especially love your collection of napkins! Good luck, and have fun with the blog. Mine helps me keep creativity flowing at times when it might normally be forced to the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, let us know when you open an online shop! visited your store in Harpers Ferry this weekend and loved it!

    ReplyDelete